Tuesday 20 August 2013

Start Your Day With A Healthy Morning Drink

Every morning (even when I go on trips, I have these ingredients with me, they are small in size and very portable) the first place I head to is my kitchen. Instead of going straight to brushing my teeth or anything else, I make this! This is my everyday morning booster --the honey cinnamon. 

I have to admit that I had a very weak digestive system a year back then due to my severe irregularity of meals. Then I discovered this recipe which aims at adding a protective layer over your digestive system and so well I decided to give it a try. For the first few days, my stomach actually reacted after a few minutes, my stomach was like turning upside down repeatedly but I wouldn't say it was painful, it was just uncomfortable and this lasted for around 10 minutes? If you are experiencing this also, it is absolutely normal and the uncomfortableness will soon disappear. It is a sign that the drink is actually working!!!! Keep it up! Anyways, there are tons of other benefits about this drink which I will go into details later.

Here I present to you the very simple (if not the simplest) recipe you could ever have, the ingredients are all natural, clean and good for your body and skin!

As you can see from the picture below, all you need is:

1. Honey (treat yourself better by buying honey of better quality, I am using White Clover which you can easily find this in any supermarket)

2. Cinnamon (there are many other brands too but I chose this because well it's cheap and it tastes good)


The steps are really simple and here you go :)

1. use honey and cinnamon in a 1:2 ratio (I usually use 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon but the amount of honey can be adjusted)
2. put the cinnamon in a cup or bowl first
3. Pour in boiling water to first melt the cinnamon (then you will realise the cinnamon cannot be completely melted and that's normal, try to stir it evenly and it will do)
4. pour water of room temperature over the cinnamon
5. Make sure the drink is warm (at least not hot) then add honey. Always add honey to the cooled liquid – hot liquid will destroy the enzymes in the raw honey.
Remember this drink acts well on an empty stomach <3

And this is the finished product, YUM, I feel like I am one step closer to my healthy lifestyle!!!!


As promised, here are some other benefits of this drink :)
  • It cures colds as it strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria attacks (I haven't had any colds ever since I started making this, I swear!!!! well, guess I have to give credits to my regular practise of hot yoga too!) 
  • It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries, in other words, it prevents heart disease
  • It cures stomachache and it also clears stomach ulcers from THE ROOT
  • Well there is a saying that if you use honey and cinnamon to make a paste and apply it on the pimples, it helps remove pimples from the root (anyone tried it before? Please feel free to share)


I have been drinking this for half a year only and I have to tell you that my stomach didn't go upset as frequently or easily as before (1 to 2 times so far even there were times that I still had irregular meals), this drink is absolutely magical! I just LOVE it! I hope you guys love it too <3

Ada 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment