Sunday 25 August 2013

"Pasta" In Mushroom Cream Sauce

Feeling hungry and don't know what to have for lunch or even dinner? It's always a pain in the neck because for me, as mentioned in the "about" on fb, I am a relatively petite girl but with an extraordinarily huge appetite (all-you-can-eat or buffets used to be my favourites...well they still are...but I only allow myself to have those insane cheatmeals on reallly special occasions), so I usually make sure I have eaten enough for every single meal (around 80% full...well sometimes or most of the times 99% which is not good...The key to eat less but feel more fulfilling is definitely to eat your food slowly, try to enjoy every bit of it and make sure you don't starve yourself too much before you have your meal!)

Yesterday, when I was starving and my stomach growling, it's a sign to have a big meal. I need carb, I need energy and I need something tasty, what could I possibly make myself for lunch that satisfied all my greedy desires yet low in calorie? There you go....here I present to you--*drumsticks again* the divine Pasta in mushroom cream sauce! It's soooo good that I don't mind having this for lunch or dinner every day until I get sick of it! 

Anyways, here are the ingredients you will need

Pasta:
1. The konnyaku (made of japanese yoshino yam)..The texture of it is a bit rubbery and it tastes bland but well it absorbs the favour of the sauce you put in, you can easily get this from any international supermarkets in the japanese corner
They have both white and brown konnyaku for options, I usually go for brown but white will work equally well
Mind you...it's super low in calorie (12 kcal per pack)
2. One big Portobello

Sauce:
1. One avocado
2. 2 tbsp of almond milk (you can use whatever milk you want, cow milk, coconut milk)



Directions:
For Sauce
1. Spoon out the avocado and take out the seed from it
2. Blend the avocado with the 2 tbsp of almond milk


For the pasta
1. After you take the konnyaku out, rinse it with tap water then put it aside (it's originally soaked in salt water so as to preserve the taste) 
2. Wash the portobello until the black comes out a bit and try to squeeze the water out from the portobello
3. Cut the portobello in pieces and fry it with coconut oil or any oil you have in hand
4. Add a pinch of salt in the portobello and keep frying it until it all dries up (The salt won't melt completely as there's no water in the saucepan but it's totally fine just make sure you only add tiny pinch of salt in it)
5. Add in the pasta and mix it well with the portobello
6. Add the sauce in the pasta and fry it for another 1 minute
7. Garnish your dish with a bit of rosemary leaves or basil and some black pepper as well! Then it's ready to serve





Isn't that simple? I was so surprised that it tastes soooo good that it actually stops me from craving for carbonara or other unhealthy pasta outside. Try it yourself and share with us!

Enjoy <3

Ada
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment